Its been cold a lot recently, and Emily has play dresses that don't keep her legs warm. But her only leggings are dark pink. So I made the above red leggings to go with her red play dress. I made them from fabric from an old sweater Jeanie and I had cut up for material a while ago, so they are nice a toasty. Dan asked that I also put in a tag, so he could tell which side was the back.
I also made another pair of leggings from a T-shirt I don't think I'll ever wear. (Which I definitely won't wear it now.) It had a little pocket on the breast, which is now in the back of the leggings. So no tag is necessary. I had meant for it to be a functional pocket, but today I discovered that I had accidentally sewn most of it shut. Oh well.
Also, Emily looks upset because I won't give her the camera. Not because she just woke up. Which she did. Funny story: she was sleeping on our bed, and I had put a ring shaped rattle next to her while looking for the camera cord. She sort of woke up, grabbed the rattle, and rolled back onto her back. Which she usually does when she wants to play with things. Only, she wasn't very awake, and she fell back asleep, relaxing her grip and dropping the rattle on her head. Then she woke up and laughed.
Also, Emily looks upset because I won't give her the camera. Not because she just woke up. Which she did. Funny story: she was sleeping on our bed, and I had put a ring shaped rattle next to her while looking for the camera cord. She sort of woke up, grabbed the rattle, and rolled back onto her back. Which she usually does when she wants to play with things. Only, she wasn't very awake, and she fell back asleep, relaxing her grip and dropping the rattle on her head. Then she woke up and laughed.
You are super fabulous, and those clothes are so cute!! I am constantly amazed by the things you can do.
ReplyDeletep.s. I forgot how you said you crochet that baby blanket. We'll have to talk again about that.
I don't think I got enough of you guys while we were there that short weekend... I need more Emily snuggles!
I wish I was born now so I could grow up and be like you.
ReplyDeleteYou're amazing! :) That first dress is the cute one she wore on Sunday right? I'm so impressed with your seamstress skills. And I think that's so cool that you have matching outfit. I'd like to make one for Jill and I some day. Sigh. Some day I hope we'll get to visit for longer periods of time with each other!!
ReplyDelete