We've been in Michigan for about a week now. Emily quickly fell in love with Bubble, the cat, and is now learning to be nice to the cat. She has scratches on both hands and feet. But she is much nicer now. For a while she was kicking him. And pinching. Now she tries hard to be soft. She also likes to cover him up in a blanket and she likes to lie with her head on him. He seems to put up with this. Also, he spends lots of time out of her reach.
In addition to learning that Bubble is not just a really cool stuffed animal, Emily has been working on her words. Here is a list of words she's learned since my last list of words for her:
Mommy (mommy, or ah mmy, which could also be for Emily, since she tends to use it when she wants something)
Daddy (da da)
cracker (ca' ker)
animal cracker (a ca' ker)
Bubble (buba, or go-go)
go (go, often go go, and she uses it while pushing me somewhere because she wants to get into something she shouldn't)
banana (llalla--she often trills her l's)
Nana (nana)
stuck (stu', which she uses mostly if she can't get somewhere)
ow (ow or owie, which is also uses if she doesn't like me doing something)
doggie (goggie)
kitty (ki'y)
stop (stop)
down (down)
drink (drin)
color (color, which she started saying when I would talk to her about colors, but now she uses it for coloring, so it is her first verb :) )
door (door)
tall socks (t' sa, tall socks are what I call tights so she wants to wear them, since she likes socks so much)
In related news, I showed her where her sock drawer is, and she gets into it. She can't see into it, so she just sticks her hand into the drawer and grabs something.
Emily also learned to open door nobs, probably within a day of getting to our new place. In our last place, the door nob to her room was so old it was very hard to turn and the door nob to the bathroom was way out of her reach. Now all the door nobs are within reach, and the only one she struggles with is the one to her bedroom, since the door sticks a little. The only one that was really a problem to have her open was the door at the bottom of the basement stairs (we live in the basement), which she would open and then escape to the upstairs. We got a door nob cover the Monday after we got here.
Yay for new words! I have been wondering how soon it will be until I have to start buying those door knob covers. I also wonder how long it will take me to figure out how to use them. Haha. Whenever I am at a friend's house who has them, I have to have her open the door for me! :)
ReplyDelete