One of the blogs I like to read is Project Run and Play. The name is a play off of "Project Runway," the TV show about fashion designers competing to win a prize and gain recognition in the fashion industry (which I watch with my sister via the internet). Project Run and Play is a competition blog for designers of children's clothing. They start out with 10 designers and end up with one winner, after weeks of making cute clothing for kids.
When they are not in competition mode, they have other stuff on their blog. Right now, they are holding a giant service project, encouraging everyone to sew skirts for girls in foster care. If you want more information, you can click here. They have a couple addresses in Utah you can send skirts to, or you can find a local foster care organization to donate to.
Why not make some little girl feel special? Especially some little girl who needs some extra love in her life. The writers of the blog will have tutorials on skirt making, in case you need ideas. I've got a couple ideas already. I should probably hurry and get them done before the baby comes. Unless, of course he waits until his due date. On the 29th.
That is really cool!
ReplyDeleteI've heard of things like this before, it is always a neat idea. Maybe I'll try and find time to make one...
ReplyDelete