Actually, I don't really find them annoying, except maybe when they blow my hair around. But objectively, I might be expected to find them annoying. Although, it wasn't really the wind's fault, it was the broken telephone pole's fault, or for that matter, the power company that hasn't replaced the telephone pole.
Dan and I seem to keep on having to find new places to sleep. A couple days ago, during the American Idol results show, our DVD player died a sad death. No, we were not using it. It decided to blow up (not the kind of blow up where it spreads itself around the room, the kind of blow up where it makes weird noises and you become convinced that it will no longer work). Luckily, we think our TV is probably OK.
Apparently, the electrical wires are no longer all connected to our house the way they should be. This means that our fuse box is melting (or something--Earl knows the details). And since we have no power, we are sleeping at Earl's house. But wait, we have two apartments. Why aren't we just staying at the other one. Excellent question. All I can say is that I only thought of that last night. The second night we have been sleeping here.
Apparently there are alot of people with no power, so we may have to wait awhile.
Oh goodness! I hope Earl gets everything figured out!
ReplyDelete