I used Simplicity 7189 for the nightgown, which I'd used a couple times before, including for a dress I made for Emily when she was less than a year old, which still fits ( . . yeah, I made it big).
I didn't think there was enough fabric for long sleeves, but once I added some ruffles to the bottom of the short sleeves, they came almost to her wrists.
Instead of being gathered with elastic, the sleeve and the ruffle below were both gathered independently, and then sewn to a shorter strip of fabric to secure the gathers. They turned out very French Renaissance I think. I finished off the sleeves, yolk, and the bottom ruffle with lace.
Emily seems to enjoy this nightgown as much as the other one. It's great for watching Daddy play on our new Wii.
Emily especially likes Mario cart. She cheers Daddy when he wins a race.




Go Daddy Go!
ReplyDeleteEmily is so beautiful in her dresses and night gowns.
ReplyDeleteKamina like to watch me play Mario Kart too.
ReplyDelete