Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Here's Hoping

Dan has an interview with Lowe's in a couple days.  It's another part-time job, so if he gets this one he would have two jobs.  But it has a guaranteed 20 hours every week, and it pays better than his current job.  And while JCPenney has great hours during the holidays, we are quickly approaching the time of year when Dan starts to get fewer hours, and then they tapper off during the summer.  Which is pretty difficult, especially if you want to pay those pesky bills that keep showing up.

So, we are hoping he gets the job.  Only 3 people are being interviewed, and he should know by Friday if he gets the job.  And, they are also looking for summer help, so even if he doesn't get the permanent position, he could get a summer job with them.

I really hope he does.  I am tired of living in the basement.

3 comments:

  1. I'll keep him in my prayers!

    And as someone who used to live in a basement and now lives in a house, I really wish that we had been more patient. Life costs so much money, and it was really nice to have so much taken care of for us! But obviously since I wasn't patient, I know how you feel—at least in the general sense, because I was really eager to get out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and the constant availability of babysitters was AWESOME.

    The other day, Daniel and Jill kept opening the shower curtain while I was taking a shower. If I still lived in the basement, I could definitely shower in privacy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. If they're willing to babysit, it's awesome. (We weren't as lucky in that department). :)

    Fingers crossed that Dan gets the job!

    ReplyDelete